Monday, October 22, 2012

The Lion

I mentioned a while ago that I had a couple of odd dreams.
I had a completely different one the other night.


Friday night, I received a cut on my face. It doesn't look the best and it might have effected my imagination.

The Dream:

I had just opened my eyes, blinking for the first time in what felt like forever. Had I been asleep? Unconscious? I didn't know. I found myself lying in a hospital bed. My face hurt. And, I could barely move one of my legs. What had happened? My family surrounded me. They supported me. And, then I remembered... I had been attacked by a lion. We were at the zoo and the gate wasn't tall enough to hold her back. The lion's name had been Ruth and she sure was ruthless. I had forgotten most of the details of the attack. But, at least I had known why I was there, in the hospital.

Interpretation:

It's hard to say what this dream meant. But, I took it as a warning. I had been falling away from my studies. I had given in to too many distractions. Had I been forgetting my vocation? Had I fallen away from the lesson learned in the book of Ruth? Had I become uncommitted?  Perhaps. I knew that my family would support me not matter what. But, I also know that I must not give into the Devil. He prowls the world like a hungry lion. It would be too easy to let him devour me. I don't want to end up in a hospital, hurt and licking my wounds, because I had failed in doing what God has called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment